Nice to see you here.
It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
I haven’t posted since.. October 13th. That’s poor, poor show. I do apologise.
Let me tell you what I’ve been up to so you can see why I haven’t had much time to blog:
- I’ve visited Barcelona, Lisbon, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Northampton and Liverpool (more on all this later)
- I’ve started (and nearly finished) a 12-week digital marketing course that takes up two nights of my week
- I’ve finished a job that I was at for just over three years (v emosh)
- I’ve started a new job which I absolutely love but, as always, learning new stuff makes your brain do a bit of a fart
- I’ve had to arrange for a new boiler to be installed (OH the joys of being an adult)
- I’ve bought Adele tickets (SLJDFLSKDJFLKDJSF)
- I’m planning for Christmas presents and for the 75765675 parties / Christmas do’s / meals / nights out / events that I’ve got planned over the next few weeks
Life is busy. Everyone knows that. We are always so full of ‘oh, sorry I didn’t get in touch – I’ve been too busy!’ excuses, but we all have the same amount of hours in a day as Beyoncé, and somehow she manages to raise a beautiful child, produce an album that NOBODY knew about, go on a world tour AND just be a general goddess.
God knows how she does it.
So – to relaunch my blog, and to get my head into the creative flow again (man, I’ve missed writing), I wanted to stop with the ‘ugh I’d love to get back into it but I’m just too busy!’ mindset, and go through with the idea of doing Blogmas.
Will I have enough time? Probably not. Will I have to sacrifice some stuff to get this done? Probably. But, this is my passion, my outlet, and my little corner of the internet, so I’m gonna give it a go.
I’ve got a post planned for every day throughout December (if you didn’t know what Blogmas was), and I MIGHT even foray into the world of YouTube. Maybe. We’ll see. But for the blog, I’ve planned a mixture of diary-like entries (so a ‘this is what I got up to today’ type thing), the usual listicles, and some longer thought pieces thrown in – just for good measure.
I’m not promising that I’ll be able to get every single post up every single day, but I’ll at least give it a shot – which is, at least, better than those that aren’t doing anything at all… Right?
So, dear readers, this begins our first day of Blogmas. Stick by me, follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, and I’ll (hopefully) be keeping you company all throughout December with some good ol’ fashioned blog posts.
But, for now, I’m off to plan the rest of the month and go have a v large glass of gin.